Hand painted metal fire mark for Germantown Mutual Fire Insurance Co. Paint most likely not original. Issued for the 1926 Sesquicentennial according to the Fireman's Hall Museum:
Originally chartered in 1843 as the “Germantown, Roxborough and Bristol Mutual Fire Insurance Company,” the name was changed in 1859 to the Mutual Fire Insurance Company of Germantown and its Vicinity. While neither company had a fire mark, this fire mark was issued to celebrate the company’s history for the 1926 Sesquicentennial Exposition in Philadelphia. The clasped hands symbolize the idea of “mutuality” or the mutual obligation to insure one another.