The newest addition to the Philly Landmark series from our friends at Shibe Sports is this celebration of one of our favorite buildings. Architect Willis Hale designed this haunting icon of North Broad Street as an upscale apartment building in 1894. Later, it became the Hotel Lorraine, and when Father Divine's Universal Peace Mission Movement purchased it in 1948, the building was renamed the Divine Lorraine. The Movement did not allow drinking, smoking, or sharing quarters with the opposite sex. But they did offer racially integrated quarters, which was unheard of at the time, the first large hotel in the United States to be racially integrated.